Historic Naval Fiction Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
If you would like to help keep this site going please

AS THIS IS A FREE FORUM ADVERTS FROM THE SERVICE PROVIDER APPEAR TO THE RIGHT OF THIS NOTICE AND THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THIS SITE.
Services Menu
PURCHASE BOOKS DISCUSSED
If you have heard about a book in this forum and would now like to read it yourself Astrodene has brought together links to purchase them. Links are available for the UK, USA, Canada, Austalia and New Zealand
ASSOCIATED WEB SITE
ARTICLES OF WAR (Forum rules)
FUTURE RELEASES CALENDAR
IMAGES GALLERY
VIDEO CHANNEL
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Doctor in the house
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 01:32 by 80 Winters

» Julian Stockwin discussion
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptySat 13 Apr 2024, 15:17 by pauljm

» Not so much Hornblower....
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptyWed 03 Apr 2024, 11:21 by broughstar

» Someone Write a Biography of Richard Bolitho!
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptyThu 12 Oct 2023, 16:51 by 80 Winters

» What would you like the next book to cover?
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptyThu 12 Oct 2023, 08:19 by Port of Olcott

» Douglas Reeman is dying
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptyThu 12 Oct 2023, 06:56 by Port of Olcott

» Alexander Kent general discussion.
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptyThu 05 Oct 2023, 22:51 by jkeffer

» A Horatio Hornblower Short Story as Written by ChatGPT
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptyTue 11 Apr 2023, 01:00 by TonnerreDeBrest

» CSF in First Edition!
Audiobooks of the Kydd series EmptyMon 11 Jul 2022, 12:16 by broughstar

Latest News on the Web Site
Use of Cookies
By using this site, you agree we can set and use cookies. For more details of these cookies and how to disable them, see our cookie policy.

Audiobooks of the Kydd series

5 posters

Go down

Audiobooks of the Kydd series Empty Audiobooks of the Kydd series

Post by Astrodene Mon 25 Aug 2008, 10:42

The series is being released by BBC Audiobooks in Playaway format (on a pre-loaded MP3). 'Artemis' and 'Quarterdeck' are already available to borrow through UK and Commonwealth libraries. Other audiobooks will be released in the future.

Astrodene
Astrodene
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Log Entries : 2866

http://www.historicnavalfiction.com

Back to top Go down

Audiobooks of the Kydd series Empty Re: Audiobooks of the Kydd series

Post by Paul-B Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:02

I have the whole series now, excellent readings by Christian Rodska, who really captures what the author intended, IMO.
Paul-B
Paul-B
Master
Master

Log Entries : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by 80 Winters Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:28

I purchased the 12 audiobooks currently available in the Kydd series recently and having previously read this series "one book per year", I found it even more enjoyable this time as the "tempo" wasn't lost by the yearly wait for the next novel to appear. This obviously wouldn't be a problem if you're starting the series now......until you get to book 13 which is due out this summer. But, I've found them worth the wait.

While I found Christian Rodska presentation took some getting use to after listening to Simon Vance (22 books) and John Lee (8 books so far), I did find it acceptable. Smile
80 Winters
80 Winters
Rear-Admiral of the Blue
Rear-Admiral of the Blue

Log Entries : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Austronaught Sat 19 May 2012, 13:16

Wonderful I treasure Christian Rodska's reading of Winston Churchills stuff so i'll be happy to invest in these.

Austronaught
Leading Seaman
Leading Seaman

Log Entries : 14

Back to top Go down

Audiobooks of the Kydd series Empty Hello, can you tell how I can purchase the kids series and audiobook form

Post by doug goelz Wed 15 May 2013, 04:05

80 Winters wrote:I purchased the 12 audiobooks currently available in the Kydd series recently and having previously read this series "one book per year", I found it even more enjoyable this time as the "tempo" wasn't lost by the yearly wait for the next novel to appear. This obviously wouldn't be a problem if you're starting the series now......until you get to book 13 which is due out this summer. But, I've found them worth the wait.

While I found Christian Rodska presentation took some getting use to after listening to Simon Vance (22 books) and John Lee (8 books so far), I did find it acceptable. Smile

doug goelz
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Log Entries : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by doug goelz Wed 15 May 2013, 04:11

Hello
I am a new visitor/Landsman to this wonderful website and am confused by the language and the protocols. Be that as it may have read almost all of the books from O'Brien to Pope, Forrester, Kent and on and on. But I commute 100 miles a day and love t listen to these books on audio. I cannot find a way to buy Stockwins kydd series. If you know how to do so I would greatly appreciate any guidance you can give me. Thanking you in advance
Doug (I think I need a better handle/name)

doug goelz
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post by 80 Winters Wed 15 May 2013, 05:15

doug -

You'll find Julian Stockwin's Kydd series available from several sources. I purchased mine through Amazon, but you can also purchase them through Audible.com which is, I believe the publisher of this series, no matter where you decide to buy them. The narrator is Christian Rodska and you can purchase them in a 'direct download' to your recording device (computer or Ipod). I have also downloaded them to a 'flashdrive' so that I can keep them in my audio-library for future enjoyment.

As for "a handle" (and an Avatar)................"unbridle your imagination".

80 Winters
80 Winters
Rear-Admiral of the Blue
Rear-Admiral of the Blue

Back to top Go down

Audiobooks of the Kydd series Empty thankyou

Post by doug goelz Wed 15 May 2013, 06:10

80 Winters wrote:doug -

You'll find Julian Stockwin's Kydd series available from several sources. I purchased mine through Amazon, but you can also purchase them through Audible.com which is, I believe the publisher of this series, no matter where you decide to buy them. The narrator is Christian Rodska and you can purchase them in a 'direct download' to your recording device (computer or Ipod). I have also downloaded them to a 'flashdrive' so that I can keep them in my audio-library for future enjoyment.

As for "a handle" (and an Avatar)................"unbridle your imagination".

doug goelz
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post by doug goelz Wed 15 May 2013, 06:15

80 winters
I tried using audible but they told me that the books are not available in the United States in audio form but that if I went to Great Britain and used a Great Britain IP address I could succeed. My wife said I could not go to Great Britain now or anytime in the future. She can be quite unreasonable at times. I will keep searching although it has now become a quest

doug goelz
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post by 80 Winters Wed 15 May 2013, 07:02

That's interesting, because I'm a member of Audible and I just signed into their site and (if I can believe what their site is telling me), they say that they have all Stockwin's "Kydd" series and will download them to me:

http://www.audible.com/search/ref=sr_ab_1_1_1?searchAuthor=Julian+Stockwin&qid=1368597098&sr=1-1

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't want to try to download one of these books, since I already have the series. If you decide to join "Audible" you can 'dis-join' within the 1st month free, so if after joining, they tell you they can't deliver these audiobooks, you've lost nothing.

Keep me posted, as to your success.
80 Winters
80 Winters
Rear-Admiral of the Blue
Rear-Admiral of the Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrodene Wed 15 May 2013, 09:51

doug goelz wrote:80 winters
I tried using audible but they told me that the books are not available in the United States in audio form but that if I went to Great Britain and used a Great Britain IP address I could succeed. My wife said I could not go to Great Britain now or anytime in the future. She can be quite unreasonable at times. I will keep searching although it has now become a quest
You could try using an anonymous browsing service that strips out the ip address. Searching 'anonymous browsing' will bring up some options or you can search for an extension/plug in for your browser. A word of caution though, your traffic passes through their server so be cautious before putting in account or credit card information

Astrodene
Astrodene
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Log Entries : 2866

http://www.historicnavalfiction.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doug goelz Thu 16 May 2013, 23:11

Astrodene wrote:
doug goelz wrote:80 winters
You could try using an anonymous browsing service that strips out the ip address. Searching 'anonymous browsing' will bring up some options or you can search for an extension/plug in for your browser. A word of caution though, your traffic passes through their server so be cautious before putting in account or credit card information
Thank you very much I the all give it a try your all very kind

doug goelz
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down