If you would like to help keep this site going please

AS THIS IS A FREE FORUM ADVERTS FROM THE SERVICE PROVIDER APPEAR TO THE RIGHT OF THIS NOTICE AND THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THIS SITE.
Services Menu
PURCHASE BOOKS DISCUSSED
If you have heard about a book in this forum and would now like to read it yourself Astrodene has brought together links to purchase them. Links are available for the UK, USA, Canada, Austalia and New Zealand
ASSOCIATED WEB SITE
ARTICLES OF WAR (Forum rules)
FUTURE RELEASES CALENDAR
IMAGES GALLERY
VIDEO CHANNEL
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
    » Free audio books!
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019, 07:18 by Alaric Bond

» O'Brian talking books
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptySat 12 Oct 2019, 13:35 by elfridaauston87

» Balkan Glory
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptySun 29 Sep 2019, 17:15 by 80 Winters

» The Scent of Corruption
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptyMon 19 Aug 2019, 08:46 by maritimemanual

» Women in the Kydd series
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019, 16:21 by lindacollison

» Capture of the Danae and a question of prize money
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptyTue 13 Aug 2019, 01:00 by Cadmaster

» C S Forester Society
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019, 16:21 by 80 Winters

» Names from Hornblower
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019, 16:20 by Alaric Bond

» Sea Trials
    The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project EmptyThu 23 May 2019, 07:07 by Alaric Bond

Latest News on the Web Site
    Use of Cookies
    By using this site, you agree we can set and use cookies. For more details of these cookies and how to disable them, see our cookie policy.

The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project

Go down

The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project Empty The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project

Post by Joolz on Tue 06 Dec 2011, 13:32

"To accurately map the progress of Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin in the novels by Patrick O'Brian." currently 46% complete

http://www.cannonade.net/index.php

O'Brian fans might find this interesting
    Joolz
    Joolz
    Master
    Master

Log Entries : 145

Back to top Go down

The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project Empty Re: The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project

Post by leonidas on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 20:03

Well worth a look and I will give it more time later. Excellent if you are reading the books for the first or tenth time!
    leonidas
    leonidas
    Midshipman
    Midshipman

Log Entries : 154

Back to top Go down

The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project Empty Re: The Patrick O'Brian Mapping Project

Post by S.K. Keogh on Mon 26 Dec 2011, 03:57

Thank you for this link. Since I am American, I am often geographically-challenged, so having these helpful maps at my fingertips while re-reading the series is great.
    S.K. Keogh
    S.K. Keogh
    Masters Mate
    Masters Mate

Log Entries : 75

http://www.skkeogh.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 80 Winters on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 17:48

While I was not aware of "The Patrick O'brian Mapping Project", I did find Dean King's Harbors and High Seas companion book (3rd edition) which does track the voyages of Aubrey-Maturin and adds much that can be seen along the way.

For someone just "cutting their teeth" on HNF I think it would boost enjoyment of the series and the knowledge gained will translate well to other series in the HNF genre.
    80 Winters
    80 Winters
    Rear-Admiral of the Blue
    Rear-Admiral of the Blue

Log Entries : 1985

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down